Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Comm 250 Class - 02/08/07

In class today we attempted to create a Mission Statement for the Class, the firm and our individual 5 groups. The idea was a good one, and I am grateful that the mission statement is being created, however I feel that many in the class aren't clear as to our purpose in this class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that as a class, we are the firm. The concept of the class and the firm being separate seems to have surfaced, but I don't believe that that is the case. Therefore, in creating a mission statement, we need to incorporate both the class purpose and the firms purpose into one whole.

Another item accomplished was the structure of the firm. We now have chosen spokesman from each group that will be assembling together weekly to discuss the various issues, the changes, and new ideas and implementations that each groups has. We actually met after class and took some time to discuss what really needs to be accomplished and as a group of 5, with Bro. Adams involved as well. I think the meeting went rather well, though more could have been accomplished.

I can see from both class and the rep meeting, that we have a ways to go to organize this firm. However, I am starting to see things coming together. Groups are realizing their purpose and figuring out what they need to accomplish. As a result the various groups are beginning to realize what is needed from each group and coming close to the point of requesting the needed assistance.

As with the structure of the class. This item seems to need a little more discussion and clarification. I feel that we need more time in our individual groups to simply accomplish the tasks that we are realizing that we need to do. None of this big group discussion stuff. It has proven to be rather less effective.

No comments: